The FlexRack Series TDL is a tracker that can maximize energy production of photovoltaic modules by as much as 25 percent. Trackers function by pointing a PV unit, or similar payload, toward the sun as it moves throughout the sky. Since the sun’s rays change angles throughout the day, tracking units can harness far more power than stationary units in most conditions.
But solar trackers are not simple devices. They need to be able to withstand harsh conditions, point PV units accurately and efficiently, and ultimately save money by operating and installing smoothly. At Solar FlexRack, we’ve leveraged the intellectual power of our top engineers and designers to build a better solar tracker, the Series TDL. These are just some of the innovations you can find in it:
- Durability. In addition to lifecycle testing and wind tunnel testing, the Series TDL tracker has received a full bankability report administered by third party organizations to verify its performance standards. The tracker can withstand harsh weather conditions and keep performing optimally.
- Flexibility. The Series TDL tracker features a distributive drive system, which allows it to be installed on irregular landscapes that could otherwise prevent it from being installed.
- Maintenance guards. The smart design of our tracker uses a maintenance-free actuator and lubrication-free nylon drive shaft bearings so regular maintenance is a non-issue. Remote monitoring equipment also keeps tabs on the device, and a cleaning feature makes cleaning the unit fast and efficient.
- Minimized labor costs. The unique design of our tracker requires only a two-person installation team, with no required welding or special tools onsite. The tracker also features generous pile tolerances, direct bolt mounting, and terrain accommodation to improve installation times.
- Customizability. The customizable programming of the tracker ensures you’re in full control of the unit’s direction, maximizing your energy production.