High quality racking and mounting can have a big impact on the durability, efficiency, and ease of installation of any solar power system. Choosing the right rack for the job is important, but with so many different models and suppliers on the market, how can you tell which solar racks are best?
Designing, engineering and manufacturing a quality solar racking system is complex. However as a solar developer, installer or customer, there are five key factors you need to be aware of:
- Racks don’t need to be complex; in fact, the simpler your rack is, the better in many cases. A simple, well engineered design means you’ll spend less time on installation, and you’ll have fewer moving parts to worry about on the jobsite.
- Racks live outdoors, and that means they have to withstand a range of extreme weather conditions, from harsh winds to heavy rain and snow. You need a rack designed and engineered to be capable of holding up to the elements.
- A rack isn’t a worthwhile investment if it degrades after only a few years on the site. Look for a quality rack made of durable, long-lasting materials and backed by a bankable company with a strong warranty.
- If you choose the right rack for your location, you can improve the efficiency of your energy production—take our solar trackers, for instance. They help your panels “track” the sun throughout the sky, maximizing energy output from the unit.
- Depending on the specific needs and layout of your jobsite, an adaptable rack might be a minimum requirement. Look for a company that can design and configure racks suitable for a wide range of different conditions.
If you find a product with all five of these qualities and it suits your jobsite well, you can rest easy knowing you’ve made a good decision for your solar installation. At Solar FlexRack, we design and engineer our products with these five factors in mind, to ensure customer satisfaction—if you’re curious to learn more, be sure to let us know!